[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of w3c-linkchecker to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

speaking as a translator:

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 02:04:03PM +0000, Nicholas Bamber wrote:
> suspect your drag net script has a bug. The issue is not doing a release
> as that is just a few minutes work. The issue I have is that it seems a
> waste for so little gain - especially with the freeze still a way off.

Please be aware that Debconf questions are shown only once. So for
people "living" in Testing (and especially those who use locales
different form English) it it important not to wait for too long once
translations arrive; especially since translation teams make mistakes
as well and those only have a chance of beiing caught if other people
actually see them (i.e. haven't yet gone through the English version).

If you like, you can ask for translations yourself, btw, using

> 	I have one last question: at this point in the cycle what is a good
> number of translations to trigger a translation?

You mean "trigger an upload"? Ideally you consider the age as well. So
if you only got one translation but this is sitting in the BTS for
some time already, you should consider an upload, if, however, every
day a new translation arrives then you might wait maybe a day more.


      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     debian@helgefjell.de
           Dipl.-Phys.                   http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php
        64bit GNU powered                     gpg signed mail preferred
           Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: