[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Intent to NMU webalizer to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs (and maybe update to latest upstream as well?)

Quoting Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) (faw@funlabs.org):
> Hash: SHA512
> On 04-01-2012 04:32, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > (CC'ing people who have expressed interest in packaging the most
> > recent upstream version for this package that hasn't received love for
> > ages... I'd be happy to open this NMU proposal to a new upstream
> > packaging....*if* you guys also want to take the package over...I
> > guess faw won't object that much to this)
> Actually Julien already did most of the work and he was waiting for
> the sponsorship which was delayed for different reasons.  A couple
> of weeks ago I finished reviewing his packages and sent him an email
> to discuss the last final points.
> Julien had an incredible patience and understanding waiting for me
> and now I don't want to hurry things, I'd like to give him at least
> another week.
> The new package change quite a bit so I don't thing you should do
> the NMU right now.  My current plan is to ping Julien this weekend
> again (as it completes 3 weeks) and wait for another week to upload
> his most recent work and go from there.
> Not sure about the other people cc:ed on this message, but I don't
> want to lose Julien's hard work on packaging webalizer and I believe
> the i18n NMU can wait a couple of weeks to see more activity in
> webalizer, including keep up with translations. :)


Unless the debconf part has changed, what I can propose you is that I
issue the call for translations and updates, then wait for a 7-day
period of time to elapse...then we see where we are. In no case I will
NMU, I'd just leave the package on hold on my radar

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: