Re: Intent to NMU norwegian to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

]] Christian PERRIER

| Quoting Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen@err.no):
| > ]] Christian PERRIER
| >
| > Hi,
| >
| > | Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
| > | building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.
| > |
| > | The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with it
| > | or if I don't receive any answer in 2 days) is roughly the following:
| >
| > There's not really any point in uploading for a single translation
| > update.  I'm going to upload because of the new ispell anyway, and since
|
| Well, as the message explains, I have to start such campaigns prodding
| maintainers quite early in the release process...because they take a
| long time to complete. So, packages with the oldest pending
| translations are those that are prodded first.

Sure.

[...]

| > I doubt there are translation updates (there hasn't been changes in the
|
| I bet there could be. If a call for translations is issued, I think we
| could have Slovak and maybe Brazilian. Could also be an opportunity to
| drop that weird debian/po/en.po file, by the way.

How would you drop the en.po file?  Last time I checked, the C locale
only allowed ASCII, which doesn't allow for «bokmål», just the butchered
«bokmal».

| Would you be OK for me to issue a call for translations and wait for
| the usual delay? Maybe a shorter one in case you want to fix the RC
| issue quickly to avoid delaying the ispell transition (I bet it will
| be delayed by more than 10 days anyway because several packages ar einvolved).

Sure, I can give it a couple of days.

--
Tollef Fog Heen