Re: Proposel: the way of DDTP back to ddtp.debian.org

2011/8/23 Martin Eberhard Schauer <Martin.E.Schauer@gmx.de>:
> Davide Prina wrote:
>>
>>> I am prefering the mail interface, mostly for spell check
>>
>> but if you are using Iceweasel you have (can have) spell checking in each
>> text box. You only have to install the myspell or hunspell dictionary(ies)
>> you want.
>
> I remember times with ISDN and no flatrate ...
> Then online time is an issue.

There are uses for the mail interface. But the first step will be to
make the mail interface push the data into the DDTSS. Currently
changes made via email are completely invisible. Someone could be
overwriting good translations right now with bad one and no-one will
notice.

The lone developer issue is a problem. That's one of the reasons for
the stability bonus: if no changes for a week it scores higher. So you
can do a language with just two people. However, if you really only
have one person you have to consider whether this is a good idea.
Every translation should be looked at by at least one other person
before being pushed out to thousands (millions?) of people. I think
you have to decide that translating descriptions by a single person is
simply not a realistic goal.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/