Re: DDTP translations for lenny but not for squeeze/sid?

Quoting Michael Bramer (grisu@deb-support.de):

> On 01/13/2011 07:35 PM, Joe Dalton wrote:
> >Currently there is low traffic on
> >http://ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/index.cgi/fr.
> >Bind9 was already queued for translation. Now somebody has
> >to approve my removal of the paragraph separator.
> >
> >Kind regards
> >     Martin
> >
> >my guess is that the low traffic is caused by a broken ddtss-robot. Maybe it would be better to close the thing down.
> >
> >Tried just for fun today. It crashed big time. Translations came and disappeared. Now i can see som imported Rosetta suggestions with the date 2009-02-18. The rest  Recently translated , Reviewed etc. is just plain empty.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand.
>
> What is working wrong?

Grisu, it's hard to tell.

But the fact is that DDTP/DDTSS are running mostly un supervised for
over a year now.

*I* don't do DDTP work myself (because too many things are web-based
and I work offline) so I can't even realize when things are going
wrong.

But the fact is that many times in 2010, the DDT* things were not
working as expected on churro. People reported that in -i18n.....and
the only thing that I could do was basically stop/start various things
involved in DDT* in hope that they would come back to life.

We *need* someone with good knowledge of these things who would
monitor this on a very regular basis, listen on -i18n for reported
problems and make the needed fix if something is broken.

The main problem about churro as it is now is that I think I'm the
only person monitoring what's happening on the machine:
- faw==Felipe Augusto van de Wiel has been grabbed by real life most
of last year
- nekral==Nicolas François lowered his involvment in Debian, also
because of RL priorities. We met a few weeks ago, he mentioned he
wants to be involved again but will probably not be as deeply as
before
- me.....I'm involved in too many things and several things in DDT*
are beyond my skills
- Martijn (DDTSS author) seems to be less active these days
- you.....also seem to have been quite grabbed by other things and,
frankly, its kinda hard to get your attention on these things (no
offense intended, at all)

So, basically, DDT* things are flying in autopilot mode for months.I'm
even surprised that things are still working for some people..:-)

This is the sad, but realistic, picture.