Release Notes ready to *start* updating translations?

Hi,

I noticed by some messages on debian-doc that at least one translator
has started work on the Release Notes.

Based on the experience from previous years I know that changes are
still to be expected, but I also don't want to wait until the final
string freeze, so, if there are no major changes expected, I'd also
consider updating the translation.

What do you think/suggest?

Also it would be good to know if the .po files are being kept up to date
automatically or we have to run some script/make invocation first.

Regards,
Andrei