No Copyright for translators?

Hello,
from recent discussions on this list I came to the conclusion that
mentioning (all) translators in debian/copyright might be a futile
effort and is hence not required. A while ago I stumbeled about a
bug[1] where the maintainer was requested to *remove* the translators,
on the basis that they hold no copyright but rather are
"contributors".

IANAL, but as far as I know translators do obtain a copyright for
their translations, e.g. all(most all) po files start with line(s) like
# This foobar translation is licensed under the same copyright as barfoo
# Hugo Translator, <hugo.translator@someorg.biz>, 2010

So for my understanding it is perfectly fine mentioning translators in
debian/copyright (probably in a dedicated section) while it would be
still ok to omit them since they might not be tracable (with sensible
work).

Is this an acceptable view (and hence [1] should be reverted)?

Greetings

           Helge