Re: How to limit the number of "unknown words" detected by D-I l10n spellchecker

Quoting Holger Wansing (linux@wansing-online.de):

> msgid "Ponape"
> msgstr "Ponape"
>
> As far as I have read, the island is now named "Pohnpei" (in english).
> Ponape was the old name, it was changed in 1990.
>
> Should I file a bugreport for this?
> Which package?

tzdata (maintainers CC'ed... Hello, Clint).

However, please consider that timezone names have often historical
backgrounds that may make "cosmetic" changes harder than just changing a
name. Also, there is IIRC no international standard about naming
timezones apart from "current practice" soo I suggest backing up the
bug report with solid arguments so that Debian maintainers of tzdata
have enough to propose a change to their upstream.