Re: http://debian.org/intl/l10n/po/ sort by vote instead of installation?

Hello,
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 09:34:57PM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> Statistics about po* are sorted by popcon *installation* score.
>
> However, it seems to me it's not the right metric, we should use the 'vote' score:
> inst     : number of people who installed this package;
> vote     : number of people who use this package regularly;

For podebconf "inst" sounds to me more sensible, as debconf questions
are typically only shown when the package is installed, later usage is
not important. For programm (po) based translation "vote" might be
actually more sensible[1].

However, I guess translators of languages with less coverage than lets
say French or Geman might speak up how they would prefer the sorting.

Greetings

             Helge

[1] But it has been disputed several times on this list that the po
based translations should be shown at all as many of the project are
translated outside Debian and hence this list could be misleading (or
disappointing, as translations might not be accepted)