About helping for NMUs

Hello Christian:

I know it's late, but please, read on.

A week ago, (before your latest NMU spree) the Spanish list talked about
the fact that we had a lot of translations rotting in the BTS, and that
you were kinda alone doing l10n uploads. We also talked about the
benefits of having a translator capable of doing NMUs, and Javier
Fernández considered I have enough (theoretic) knowledge for this.

I've read maint-guide couple of times, NMU guidelines, done a couple of
calls for translations for po4a, and I've been looking at the debdiffs
you send to the BTS. I've practiced with a couple packages (of course, I
wouldn't bump debhelper's version for the package until I learn more).
I can't upload (not DD), but perhaps you might find handy to have a guy
tracking other packages, mailing devs and interacting with translators.

So... I just need/want! some hands-on practice. Of course, I will follow
your schedule or TODO list since you have a general overview of the
project, it's not my intention to only serve only Spanish needs when
NMUing, but the project's :)

I know I'm late for real helping with squeeze, but I'm sure I can be more
useful in the future if I start learning now. What do you think?

Regards,
--
Omar Campagne Polaino