Re: About helping for NMUs

Quoting Omar Campagne (ocampagne@gmail.com):

> I know I'm late for real helping with squeeze, but I'm sure I can be more
> useful in the future if I start learning now. What do you think?

That seems fair. Of course, the maint point is that you need to be a
DD for this..:-)

I think that, for squeeze, the most needed NMUs (those that can bring
the 7 top langs to 100%) are now on their way (this is the big batch I
launched last week-end).

However, this is a never-ending story..:-)...and I suspect that, for
wheezy, l10n NMUs will still be needed (thinking about the huge bunch
of Danish translations sent by Joe Dalton, for instance). See
http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n/l10n-nmu/nmu_bypackage.html

One important thing for l10n NMUs is finding the right way to interact
with maintainers. That method may depend on maintainers...and thesre
is no recipe for that, only experience and knowledge of people..:-). I
also personnally benefit from this action...and myself...being now
well known (and accepted) in the project. So, someone else doing the
same job could face some difficulties at the beginning...but nothing
prevents from starting slowly (for instance as a tandem) and focus on
packages where interaction is not a problem (very cooperatve
maitnainers....or completely non-existing maitnainers..:-))/