Re: Best practices for i18n manpages with po4a?

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 08:46:03PM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> Depending on time, I'll try to write a paragraph or two about the
> information I was missing once I implemented it for my packages for
> inclusion in the man pages, if you like (but due to limited time,
> please don't expect it tomorrow).

That would be welcome anytime.

I just reworked the introduction of po4a(1) to the following. Hopefully
this will stress that po4a is meant to ease the use the po4a-* commands.

DESCRIPTION
       The po4a (po for anything) project goal is to ease translations (and
       more interestingly, the maintenance of translations) using gettext
       tools on areas where they were not expected like documentation.

       The po4a program is useful if you want to avoid calling
       po4a-gettextize(1), po4a-updatepo(1), and po4a-translate(1) in complex
       Makefiles when you have multiple files to translate, different format,
       or need to specify different options for different documents.

Table of content
       This document is organized as follow:

   DESCRIPTION
   INTRODUCTION
   CONFIGURATION FILE SYNTAX
       Specifying the template languages

       Specifying the paths to translator inputs

       Autodetection of the paths and languages

       Specifying the documents to translate

       Specifying options for the modules

       Specifying aliases

       Split mode

   OPTIONS
   SHORTCOMINGS
   SEE ALSO
   AUTHORS
   COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE

INTRODUCTION
[... rest of the former DESCRIPTION section ...]

Best Regards,
--
Nekral