Occasional translation updates

Hi everyone :)

(I've missed you guys a LOT! ;) )

The last couple of days, I've been able to concentrate enough to start doing some basic translation updates. (I am really happy about that, but enormously frustrated that these periods of capability have been extremely brief and several months between. :/ )

I am also very disappointed that I have missed the chance to update the D-I Manual (and probably a great deal of other data) for Lenny.

I don't know how long this current access to my mind will last, so I want to make the best possible use of it. Please forgive any confusion, and the fact that I have been unable to read email at all over the last few months. (If I get more than a few days of capability, I will start trying to catch up on list email.)

Yesterday, I had no problem updating D-I Level 1 sublevels. The SVN update and commit worked correctly. Today, I managed to check out tasksel via git, and update and commit the tasksel_tasks file. However, I'm having problems with Debconf (Level 3): the checkout stopped part-way through:

A    debconf/Debconf/Client/ConfModule.stub
svn: Failed to add file 'debconf/debconf': object of the same name already exists

OSX does not distinguish between "debconf/Debconf" (which had already been added) and "debconf/debconf" (which was yet to add) at the same directory level. I am unsure what I can do about this. The previous additions included the debconf_debian directory, so I could update the file, but I didn't get the debconf/po directory, so I won't be able to update that file if it is needed.

Right now, I am also unable to commit my changed debconf/debian/po/ vi.po file:

pearl$ svn commit -m "Updated Vietnamese translation"
Sending        po/vi.po
Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't create directory '/svn/debconf/db/transactions/ 2363-1.txn': Permission denied

I don't know if this is the earlier checkout-filename problem, or if it means I don't have commit access. (I have difficulty remembering for which packages I have commit access, and for which I do not. :S )

Should I send in this updated file via the bug system, instead?

Thanks for your help. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n