Re: [D-I] Please test Debian Installer with console-setup (3rd version)

Anton Zinoviev, le Fri 10 Jul 2009 17:42:46 +0300, a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 07:19:43AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> >
> > That means having a specific way to ask for layouts *in a single
> > question* mor eor less combining the layout/variant (and maybe model)
> > questions.
>
> This is exactly what the upstream of xkeyboard-config wants to achieve.
> Only one question!  Not one question that includes all layouts around
> the world but one question customized for your teritory.

Right, but I do agree that in the case of FR for instance, proposing
all of nodeadkeys, sundeadkeys, oss, oss_latin9, oss_nodeadkeys,
oss_sundeadkeys, latin9, latin9_nodeadkeyts, latin9_sundeadkeys, bepo,
bepo_latin9, dvorak, mac, bre, oci and geo variants is insane. Just
proposing the basic fr layout and the us layout should be fine.

Now the questions would rather be: should the selection be done by the
d-i team or (probably better) by upstream xkeyboard-config. I'll see
with upstream what they think about it.

Samuel