Re: [D-I] Please test Debian Installer with console-setup (3rd version)

[not subscribed, please cc on replies]

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 07:19:43 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> I'm not sure that belongs to upstream, again. We should refocus on our
> point, here: D-I. I'm not interested in changing things upstream, or
> even changing the way you deal with them in the standard console-setup
> package. You're certainly handling things the right way.

I think this is the absolute wrong way to go, fwiw.  Making things
significantly different in the installer means more maintenance
overhead, instead of improving things for everyone and sharing the
maintenance burden, if this was happening upstream.  The way to present
this information in c-s can be improved, some xk-c strings might need to
be changed to make them easier to understand, some variants might need
to be hidden because they're mostly unused, etc, and sure, that's a lot
of work, but there's no reason this should be specific to d-i IMO.

Cheers,
Julien