Re: debian-policy & developers-reference translations?

Hi,

 I'm trying to translate DDR to Japanese, sometimes. (slowly...)

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:24:04 +0300
Esko Arajärvi <edu@iki.fi> wrote:
> > Does anyone know why these documents seem to have been relatively
> > neglected by translators?
>
> I would agree with others on that these are quite hard to translate and need a
> lot of time. I could add that to be a Debian developer you de facto have to
> understand English on some level. To use Debian, you should not have to.
> Therefore (IMHO) we should prioritize documents and applications which normal
> users will see and use, and unfortunately most language teams don't have
> resources to translate everything.

 I completely agree with Esko's opinion.
 We should focus translation resource to some document which users see,
 for example, descriptions, po-debconf or so.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane