Re: debian-policy & developers-reference translations?

Hi,

On Thursday, 2. July 2009 17:49:23 Paul Wise wrote:
> It appears that there are no debian-policy translations and very few
> developers-reference translations.
>
> Does anyone know why these documents seem to have been relatively
> neglected by translators?

I would agree with others on that these are quite hard to translate and need a
lot of time. I could add that to be a Debian developer you de facto have to
understand English on some level. To use Debian, you should not have to.
Therefore (IMHO) we should prioritize documents and applications which normal
users will see and use, and unfortunately most language teams don't have
resources to translate everything.

Cheers,
Edu