Re: Intent to NMU sbox-dtc to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Dear Debian maintainer,
>
> The sbox-dtc Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 511916 (and maybe other similar bugs).
>
> The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
> and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
> unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report.

Hi Christian,

Sorry for being too slow with my Debian duty here. Instead of doing an
NMU, could you please review and sponsor the upload of this:

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/s/sbox-dtc/sbox-dtc_1.11.1-1.dsc

The upstream source (well, my code...) almost didn't change, it's just
that I made a very small addition to have a "make deb" which helps me
testing lintian issues in SID. I put this in all my packages, as it's a
great time saver (as I develop mostly in Stable (on my laptop) and only
test in SID).

This version also contains all new .po files that were sent to the BTS,
but as I changed the main template just a tiny bit (replaced "apache or
apache2" by just "apache" to close #550631), I believe that after the
upload, it would be worth to ping all translators if they can check the
translation for grammar.

I'm not sure what's the best way to go here, what I did was removing the
"or apache2" in all translations as it was easy to identify, and unfuzzy
the strings, as I thought that just having the full screen untranslated
for a possible grammar error would be quite unwanted. Anyway, all will
go in order if all translators are having a quick look. Let me know your
point of view on the decision I made here, which I'm not sure is the
correct one.

Please upload anyway, as this version is cleaner than the previous one
(lintian clean, while the old one was not).

Thomas