Announce of the upcoming NMU for the freepops package

Dear maintainer of freepops and Debian translators,

Some days ago, I sent a notice to the maintainer of the freepops Debian
package, mentioning the status of at least one old po-debconf translation update in the BTS.

I announced the intent to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer upload
for this package in order to fix this long-time pending localization
bug as well as all other pending translations.

The package maintainer agreed for the NMU or did not respond in four
days, so I will proceed with the NMU.

The full planned schedule is available at the end of this mail.

The package is currently translated to:
ar cs de es eu fi fr gl it ja ml nl pt pt_BR ru sv ta tr vi

Among these, the following translations are incomplete: ar it ml vi

If you did any of the, currently incomplete, translations you will get
ANOTHER mail with the translation to update.

Other translators also have the opportunity to create new translations
for this package. Once completed, please send them as a bug report
against the freepops package so I can incorporate them in the build.

The deadline for receiving updates and new translations is Wednesday, December 16, 2009. If you
are not in time you can always send your translation to the BTS.

The POT file is attached to this mail.

If the maintainer objects to this process I will immediately abort my NMU
and send him/her all updates I receive.

Otherwise the following will happen (or already has):

 Saturday, December 05, 2009   : send the first intent to NMU notice to
                 the package maintainer.
 Thursday, December 10, 2009       : send this notice
 Wednesday, December 16, 2009       : (midnight) deadline for receiving translation updates
 Thursday, December 17, 2009       : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/7-day
                 send the NMU patch to the BTS
 Thursday, December 24, 2009       : NMU uploaded to incoming

Thanks for your efforts and time.

# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
# Copyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER
# This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: gareuselesinge@debian.org\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2007-05-01 12:07+0200\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../freepops.templates:2001
msgid "Start freepopsd automatically after each boot?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../freepops.templates:2001
msgid ""
"The FreePOPs daemon can be started automatically after each boot. By "
"default, it will bind to port 2000. This setting may be changed by editing "
"the /etc/default/freepops file."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../freepops.templates:3001
msgid "Create a chroot jail for FreePOPs?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../freepops.templates:3001
msgid ""
"FreePOPs can be launched in a chrooted environment to improve the system's "
"security."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../freepops.templates:3001
msgid ""
"The jail will be created in /var/lib/freepops/chroot-jail/. The regular init "
"script will then take care of launching the daemon by calling a script named "
"start.sh at the root of the chroot jail."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../freepops.templates:4001
msgid "Remove local updates on upgrade?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../freepops.templates:4001
msgid ""
"The freepops-updater-fltk or freepops-updater-dialog utilities will install "
"local updates in /var/lib/freepops/lua_updates."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../freepops.templates:4001
msgid ""
"Such updates are usually integrated in further FreePOPs releases or can be "
"downloaded again by running the updater. Therefore, they may safely be "
"removed when the package is upgraded."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../freepops.templates:4001
msgid ""
"The modules saved in /var/lib/freepops/lua_updates have a higher priority "
"than those from /usr/share/freepops/lua. It is thus recommended to remove "
"the former in order to avoid using outdated modules, unless you intend to "
"freeze the local modifications regardless of FreePOPs upgrades."
msgstr ""