Re: Package's descriptions translated do Portuguese not showing in apptitude or synaptic

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 07:32:01PM +0100, Américo Monteiro wrote:
> The package's descriptions translated in ddtss for pt are not showing on the
> package managers like synaptic and apptitude, and that's because apt is still
> looking for translation pt_PT instead of pt.
>
> this is a portion of my apt-get update output:
> Obter:5 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable Release.gpg [835B]
> Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Translation-pt_PT
> [..]
> there is no Translation-pt_PT file in the repositories, just Translation-pt

It does :
http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/i18n/Translation-pt_BR.bz2

Maybe http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=444222 ?

> a link (symbolic?) in the repositories pointing Translation-pt_PT to
> Translation-pt would just not be a temporary correction to this situation, it
> would be a solution even to old releases like Lenny and (maybe) Sarge.

I don't understand why your apt doesn't display the translation, but
IMO there is no point in adding a link in the archive of packages, since
both files exist currently.

--
Simon Paillard