Re: tvtime 1.0.2-3: Please translate debconf PO for the package tvtime

Hi,

On Tuesday 28 July 2009, Martin Bagge / brother wrote:
> Esko Arajärvi wrote:
> For Swedish we have the ability to construct something that would be
> close to "land line" if we translate it back again to English.

Both the "land line" and over-the-air receiver are called "antenni" in Finnish.
That's the problem. :-]

> The distinction is that broadcast can be grabbed via aerial and you
> don't need to communicate with a satellite.
> (iirc it could be seen as; YLE vs cable vs Sat <-> broadcast vs not
> broadcast vs not broadcast)

But this is not the case here, as we don't have satellites in the equation. It's
more like broadcast via air, broadcast via cable (shared antenna), and real
cable. And we don't distinguish the sending method (broadcast) and receiver
(antenna) but call them both by the name of the receiver.

Edu

--
Esko Arajärvi - edu@iki.fi - +358-50-5446844
"Only idiots quote signatures." -Antti Kuntsi (at his .sig)