Re: Luxembourgish translations

Hi Christian, hi list,

Thanks for reply. But I'm afraid me might missunderstand a bit each
other.

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 07:04:57 +0200
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> Quoting Frank Lanitz (frank@frank.uvena.de):
> > Hi around,
> >
> > Today I've got a question on how to handle a translation file correct -
> > Luxembourgish.
> >
> > According to ISO 639-1 the language code should be lb,
> > but unfortunately I'm not able to find these inside list locales is
> > supporting. Also I've checked Ubuntu[1] and there sees to be the
> > language code available. Since I'm totally aware of the differences
> > between Debian and Ubuntu and I wasn't able to find some discussion
> > about inside archive. So how is the typical way here, since de_LU
> > which would be an alternative would be not correct for a real
> > Luxembourgish as well as seems to also be not supported by glibc on
> > Debian.
>

> The first step is building an lb_LU locale.

I'm afraid I only speak German in a way I can provide a translation
for. But I've got a translator who already did a lb_LU transaltion for
Geany[1] and now we like to test it and run Geany on a Debian system
with these language. Unfortunately I missed checking this before I gave
him the ready to go. Mea maxima culpa. So we got an lb translation but
no support on higher level.

Based on that I guess we will need to create a general lb support
before we can go further on here?

Cheers,
Frank

[1] http://i18n.geany.org/