Luxembourgish translations

Hi around,

Today I've got a question on how to handle a translation file correct -
Luxembourgish.

According to ISO 639-1 the language code should be lb,
but unfortunately I'm not able to find these inside list locales is
supporting. Also I've checked Ubuntu[1] and there sees to be the
language code available. Since I'm totally aware of the differences
between Debian and Ubuntu and I wasn't able to find some discussion
about inside archive. So how is the typical way here, since de_LU
which would be an alternative would be not correct for a real
Luxembourgish as well as seems to also be not supported by glibc on
Debian.

Cheers,
Frank

[1] https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+lang/lb