Re: Extended descriptions size

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Michael Bramer wrote:

Goswin von Brederlow schrieb:
I think the idea of using the Description-md5sum is that in most cases
the md5sum remains identical for many versions. If you use the
packages actual version then every upload will need a new translation
entry or some fuzzyness to accept an older versions translation.

I understood the sense of having md5sums in translation files. My
suggsetion was an *additional* field which keeps the package version.
In case there are different versions of a package in one dist (might
be because an arch is lagging behind) either the md5sums differ
and you store different translations anyway or the desciptions are
equal and in this case use the highes available version number.

Kind regards

       Andreas.
--
http://fam-tille.de