Re: msginit doesn't work

Simon Paillard wrote:
Hello,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:18:17AM +0800, Chris wrote:

I try to use msginit to generate a po file, but it doesn't work.

msginit -l zh_CN.UTF-8
[..]
Which is your email address?
1 a@gmail.com
2 b@gmail.com
3 bbshliu@gmail.com
4 chris@debian

Please choose the number, or enter your email address.
4 [enter]

It stucks here.

Does it work when you select an other email address ?

I've examined the script /usr/lib/gettext/user-email that verifies the
email address. It just requires something like   *@*.*   . But whatever
a fully qualified domain name I give, it doesn't show any messages.Could
anyone help me?

You should definitely open a bug against the gettext package.
The BTS is the right place to report this problem.

http://bugs.debian.org/

Best regards.

Hi,

I've already tried other email addresses. It doesn't work.

But it can generate a po file with this command:
   msginit -l zh_CN.utf-8 --no-translator

I'm not able to access debian.org now, so I can't report a bug.

Thanks.