msginit doesn't work

Hi everyone,

I try to use msginit to generate a po file, but it doesn't work.

msginit -l zh_CN.UTF-8

The new message catalog should contain your email address, so that users can give you feedback about the translations, and so that maintainers can contact
you in case of unexpected technical problems.

Which is your email address?
1 a@gmail.com
2 b@gmail.com
3 bbshliu@gmail.com
4 chris@debian

Please choose the number, or enter your email address.
4 [enter]

It stucks here.

I've examined the script /usr/lib/gettext/user-email that verifies the email address. It just requires something like *@*.* . But whatever a fully qualified domain name I give, it doesn't show any messages.Could anyone help me?