Re: DDTSS it - seems that the fetch new description feature is stuck

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 9:09 PM, beatrice <beatricet@libero.it> wrote:
> On Friday 05 December 2008, at 09:45 +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>
>> > I am one of the translators of the DDTP Italian Team. It seems that on
>> > the DDTSS interface the "Fetch new description" is someway stuck. It
>> > fetches the package rsyslog but it doesn't let you translate it at all;
>
>> Not sure what happened there yet, I've unstuck it and will see if it
>> happens again.
>
> Some more info, if it can help...
> It was indeed unstuck, I was able to translate it and I see someone
> has already reviewed it. Problem is if you choose the "Fetch new
> description" button, you still get rsyslog description.
>
> A similar thing happens if you try to fetch the description for package
> "python" which is the only one with priority Standard missing from our
> translations. You get the message that the package has been successfully
> fetched but you never get to the translation screen.

That's really wierd. Simply put, the problem is that the
it/packages/python tag is missing from the DB, and for some reason the
fetching isn't adding it.

 The wierdest is, that only you have reported any problems, yet if
there were serious issues like this I'd be expecting *everyone* to
complain. Instead, silence.

I think I have something for the "fetch new package" thing, there was
a change to ignore the "owner date" of a package when fetching.
Obviously you can't do that because then it will always keep fetching
the same description over and over.

The python thing I'm still looking into.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/