Polish l10n of PO files

Hi.
Recently I was looking through Debian web pages and I've found this
weird thing in page:
http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/index.en.html
There are two Polish languages in translations
# pl (Polish)
# pl_PL (Polish, as spoken in Poland)
but we have only one.
We discussed it on on the <debian-l10n-polish@lists.debian.org> and
agreed that it should be only one language. Because right now its a
little confusing.
It should be same as in Debconf templates files
http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/ where only 'pl'
exists.
And there is a question: can the translations from pl_PL can be moved
automatically to the 'pl' page/section or every translator has to move
his translation individually?

P.S.
Most of the translations (if not all of them) are at least year old so
I don't know if translators are still active.

--
Regards
Łukasz Paździora