Re: live-magic 1.0: Please translate the package live-magic

Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

Hi Helge,

Thanks for your mail.

> >"<b>What distribution of Debian would you like to build?</b>\n"
>
> Shoudln't it be Testing (Lenny+1) and Stable (Lenny) now?

Well, not yet.. :)

Although you are absolutely right about the future release names, these
strings are not seen when the program is run on a 'stable' system. (This is
because we will not support building of lenny+1 and sid images for the
entireity of lenny.)

Because of this, these strings are targetted for users of live-magic in sid
right now, where lenny is still testing. So yes, Lenny will ship with a
"Testing (Lenny)" string, but nobody will ever see it in the incorrect
context.

> Or even better, variables used, so no changes are required when a new
> Debian release is made?

Good suggestion, I will incorporate it in the next version. Thanks.

> And while we are at it:
> >"Press <i>Apply</i> to begin the build process."
>
> I could not fine the string for the button. Will a user always see
> "Apply" or is this button to be localized as well

The button is localised by GTK - it appears as "Anwenden" under de_DE. I
will change how this is worded in the future, thank-you for mentioning it.

Regards,

--
Chris Lamb, UK                                       chris@chris-lamb.co.uk
                                                            GPG: 0x634F9A20