Re: uswsusp Japanese po-debconf file is not updated correctly.

Tim Dijkstra wrote:
Christian Perrier schreef:
Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):
Hello,
On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 01:56:19PM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
Hi uswsusp

 Thank you for including translated po files. Thanks and thanks!
 But... debian/po/*.po file, especially ja.po is OLD one (maybe others
too),
 and unnecessary debian/po/ff/ directory was created.
 (and you update template.pot? empty and fuzzy line are created).
This appears to be the same for German. I'll file an updated
translation later tonight. Please be sure to include the update(d)
files into the version aiming at Lenny.
I'm not sure this is the same for German and others.

German, French, etc. are 47t1u because the 0.8.1-1 release introduced
a new strings:

  * Ask shutdown_method at low priority (closes: #448536)

Hmm, that is strange. How on earth does the debconf-updatepo script knows
if I'm going to ask this question or not? ... This question was already in
the template for a while, I didn't change the template at all. The
question from this bug was just not being asked by the script, not even at
low priority. That is what the this changelog entry refers to.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not that the priority of the question was changed, but a new string was added: "shutdown" which is now untranslated (uswsusp.templates:21001).

This is of course infortunate and I hope that some translation update
round will happen as this again moves the target for our 100%....

Unfotunate, maybe, but nothing problematic, this question is there only
for completeness. It will only be asked at low prio.

Sure, 0.8.1 will anyway never qualify for lenny as the new upstream
version came too late but I'd like to have a complete translation
anyway.

As you know, I was busy with RL the past months. I hoped I woke up from my
dormant state in time for the freeze, but it seems I missed it by a few
days. I still have the bold plan to ask for an exception if no serious
regressions surface the comming days.

I really hope so too, 0.8-1 is a nice improvement over the previous version..

Tim, Michael, can you launch a translation update round for uswsusp
and would you like me to to do (and either NMU the package or send you
a patch for it).

I think I can manage to type that command I forgot that asks translators
for updates.

I think you are looking for podebconf-report-po.

Of course, doing so ? I would also remove the useless debian/po/ff
directory which messes up l10n statistics pages.

Ah, that is why the japanese translator noticed that directory... That
directory was used as an intermediary step in unfuzzing. I'll remove it in
the next upload.

Yes, please remove this directory

There are already updated translations for de, fr, ro and jp.

If you are planning a new upload (soonish), please also consider  #493560.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?