Re: [Semi-OT] How must I setup my OWN Debian Mirror to use translated Packge Descriptions?

Hello,

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 05:45:40PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as the subject already say, I like to know how to setup me mirror...
>
> Currently my structure is
>
>     http://devel/index.php          -> there is only this file since
>                                        the website is PostgreSQL based
>
>                  debian-devel/      -> package miror
>
>                  pootle/            -> locales
>                                     -> manpages
>                                     -> package descriptions
>
> And last not least, is there a script which convert Package descriptions
> to the po format suitable for "pootle"?  (need the same for the manpages
> too)

Do you want to have a Debian Mirror with support for translated Package
Descriptions (i.e. users can download translations of the Package
Descriptions), or do you want to have a server where translators can login
and translate Package Descriptions?

For the first, you just have to mirror the
/debian/dists/unstable/main/i18n/ directory on your preferred server.

The second is not supported, and I don't think it should be encouraged
unless synchronization of translation server get implemented.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral