Re: tzdata 2008d-1: Please translate debconf PO for the package tzdata

Hello Christian,
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:28:41PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Mert Dirik (mertdirik@gmail.com):
> > Why these city_names use underscore instead of space?
>

> What you translate are timezone names. These timezone names are
> themselves "translated" to English.
>
> So, indeed, you should not use underscores but spaces....

This should have been put in an note for the translators, at least I
did not know it either and faithfully reproduced the underscores where
applicable for German. What are the consequences of using underscores?

I'll probably update the German translation, but not before thursday.

Greetings

             Helge