Re: Do not update console-setup l10n - wording choice

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 08:21:19AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Some language coordinators may have noticed that consoel-setup got one
> fuzzy in its last upload.
>
> I suggest not attempting to update it. I will probably grab back the
> wording used in the kbd-chooser D-I component ("Select a keyboard
> layout") and therefore get translations from D-I translations.

I intentionally chose the wording from console-setup/debian/control
(i.e. what was used before I added this *new* template - I didn't change
an existing one, as it might seem to somebody reading your mail without
checking the source) in order that I wasn't changing existing behaviour.

My concern with "Select a keyboard layout" is that it is wrong for
console-setup in expert mode which can also configure the font.
"Configure the keyboard" is vaguer and while it doesn't strictly
encompass the console font it seems less likely that people will object
to it. I deliberately avoided "console" because that's more technical
vocabulary.

> A 1.27 upload will soon come with unfuzzied translations. I just need
> an ACK by Colin Watson who introduced the new string in 1.26 for this
> to happen.

I'm not sure this is the right thing to do.

Cheers,