Re: DDTSS: Internal error: Couldn't retreive translation template

2008/6/2 Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net>:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 07:20:18PM +0400, Yuri Kozlov wrote:
>> >
>> > Indeed, bugs that don't get reported never get fixed.
>> >
>> > I beleive the problem here is that the description has no long
>> > description, only a short one so the attempt to find the long
>> > description fails.
>> >
>> > Before I go try fixing this, is this even allowed? I thought a long
>> > description was required.
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Description
>> ****
>> The field's format is as follows:

>>        <extended description over several lines>
>> ****
>
> Ok, but is an empty extended description valid or not? This is not
> answered by your quote.

Next link:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s-descriptions
***
Every Debian package ***must have an extended description*** stored in the
appropriate field of the control record. The technical information
about the format
of the Description field is in Description, Section 5.6.13.
The description ***should describe the package*** (the program)...
***
Empty description has not describe the package.
IMHO its violate the policy.

--
Regards,
Yuri Kozlov