Re: Some Pootle testing

On 02/06/2008, at 7:25 AM, Hector Oron wrote:

Hello,

 (Please CC: me as I am not subscribed to this list)

---------------------------
[ Catalan ] [ Debian Installer (all levels) ] level1 / sublevel1 / ca.po
539 de 544 traduïdes (5 en blanc, 0 difuses)
Inici | Anteriors 10 | Elements 271 a 280 de 544 | 10 següents | Fi
---------------------------

Looking to the snipet above, i'm translating to Catalonian, there are
just 5 blank lines out of 544 strings, where are they?
The answer is that those are just in the middle (271 to 280), why do i
have to click that many times to translate 5 strings? Could that be
improve it and have a link to redirect me to the part that needs to be
done?

Another question is how do i introduce 'valencian' variant of Catalan ?

Thanks and congratulations for such an effort with Pootle.

P.D.- Christian, i'll bring you one big cheese to next party i go :-)

Do we actually have Pootle available for translation? :D

I've been waiting for this for ages. I'm aware of the scaling issues: the OpenOffice.org Pootle keeps groaning under the strain. However, the advantages of having it available have been enormous.

Also, the Pootle devs are working on ways of handling much larger projects with ease, so it will happen. All that complaining in the logs at the OpenOffice.org Pootle ("What, another search? Give me a break... You think I'm MADE of data? It doesn't grow on trees, you know. ...") will disappear.

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n