Re: A few hints to devels calling for debconf translations updates

HI everyone :)

<pokes her head up briefly from the fog she mostly lives in nowadays>

On 02/04/2008, at 3:43 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Alexander Wirt (formorer@debian.org):

(in -i18n, Alexander called for an update of ipvsadm templates....I
use this as a good start for more general comments. Please don't CC
him to answers as I suspect he's subscribed to -devel)

Some comments:

Dear Debian I18N people,

I would like to know if some of you would be interested in translating
ipvsadm.

ipvsadm already includes cs.po de.po es.po fr.po it.po ko.po nb.po nl.po pt.po pt_BR.po ru.po sv.po vi.po.
So do not translate it to these languages (the translators will be
contacted separately).

I suggest you use the "--languageteam" switch when using
podebconf-report-po. As far as I can see, on ly translators were
contacted,

I didn't get the update. :S

I received quite a few others, so I don't know why I missed this one.

which may become a problem in case one is MIA (which
happens quite often). You'll certainly get some bounces from
pseudo-teams listed in some PO files.....or from the Vietnamese team
(which uses a poster-restricted list, grmbl)....but that's worth it
for the teams (German, French, Portuguese....) who use a properly
setup mailing list.

Grumble to you, too. ;)

I don't know what else to do about that: we have terrible spam problems as it is, so we can't make that list more public.

Also, since mostly there is just me translating, we can't maintain any more lists (e.g. a Debian-l10n list). Half the time I forget to check the vi_VN list, because I don't even get through my personal email. And some of the older Debian files are still going to the Gnome-VI list, which is pretty much dead. I try to check it, too, but again, often I don't make it that far.

Suggestions welcome. ;)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n