Announce of the upcoming NMU for the dak package

Dear maintainer of dak and Debian translators,

On Saturday, April 05, 2008 I sent a notice to the maintainer of the dak Debian
package, mentioning the status of at least one old po-debconf translation update in the BTS (bug #407857).

I announced the intent to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer upload
for this package in order to fix this long-time pending localization
bug as well as all other pending translations.

The package maintainer agreed for the NMU or did not respond in two
weeks, so I will proceed with the NMU.

The full planned schedule is available at the end of this mail.

The package is currently translated to: cs de es fr ja pt sv vi

Among these, the following translations are incomplete: es vi

If you did any of the, currently incomplete, translations you will get
ANOTHER mail with the translation to update.

Other translators also have the opportunity to create new translations
for this package. Once completed, please send them as a bug report
against the dak package so I can incorporate them in the build.

The deadline for receiving updates and new translations is Thursday, May 01, 2008. If you
are not in time you can always send your translation to the BTS.

The POT file is attached to this mail.

If the maintainer objects to this process I will immediately abort my NMU
and send him/her all updates I receive.

Otherwise the following will happen (or already has):

 Saturday, April 05, 2008   : send the first intent to NMU notice to
                 the package maintainer.
 Monday, April 21, 2008       : send this notice
 Thursday, May 01, 2008       : deadline for receiving translation updates
 Friday, May 02, 2008       : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/0-day
                 send the NMU patch to the BTS
 Saturday, May 03, 2008       : NMU uploaded to incoming

Thanks for your efforts and time.

# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
# Copyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER
# This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: dak@packages.debian.org\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2008-02-29 17:28-0500\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:1001
msgid "Where to put the base directory for dak?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:1001
msgid ""
"It is best to use the dak-suite with a single base directory and not to "
"split it up all over the filesystems. Makes life easier. This setup will "
"prepare everything to run from the path you enter here, the default is /opt/"
"dak, but common locations include things like /org/your.archive.name or "
"similar names. Use whatever you like most."
msgstr ""

#. Type: note
#. Description
#: ../templates:2001
msgid "You really need to finish the configuration of dak!"
msgstr ""

#. Type: note
#. Description
#: ../templates:2001
msgid ""
"This package wont run out of the box. You need to change the configuration "
"to fit your needs. You will find some examples in the directory entered in "
"the \"base directory\" question for this package and, of course, in /usr/"
"share/doc/dak - including the configuration the Debian Archive actually uses."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:3001
msgid "What is the hostname for the archive host?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:3001
msgid ""
"For proper function dak needs a hostname in different places in its "
"configuration. The entered value will be used in email addresses and mails "
"generated by dak."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:4001
msgid "The name of your archive."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:4001
msgid ""
"Please give your archive a descriptive name, so your Users see what it is "
"about."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:5001
msgid "The name of your dak user."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:5001
msgid ""
"You can choose the user which gets created for the dak package. The default "
"should be fine, but maybe you prefer something different here."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:6001
msgid "The name of your dak group."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:6001
msgid "You can choose the groupname which gets created for the dak package."
msgstr ""