Re: po.vim spell

	Hi!

Am Mittwoch, den 12.03.2008, 22:09 +0000 schrieb ardoRic:
> I use vim with po.vim to edit my .po files.

 Which po.vim, because there are two. I think you confuse them from
reading the rest of the file - on is a syntax file (syntax/po.vim) and
one is an filetype plugin (ftplugin/po.vim). The latter is not included
in the vim package but you can get it from:
<http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=695> - I was in
contact with Aleksandar some years ago and stirred him into the update
for 1.2. A more recent try to contact him (especially with respect to
support making usage of --previous more helpful for translators) didn't
turn out too well yet, but I just sent him another ping to see if he's
still on to the thing.

> I always missed the fact that spelling is somewhat broken there, in
> the sense that i can either:
>
> 1) have it spell check the entire document (including msgid's and comments)

 Did you give pospell a shot? It's part of the spellutils package:
<http://packages.debian.org/spellutils> - it extracts the msgstr parts
and only runs that through ispell/aspell. Just for the record, this is
part of the mail I sent to Aleksandar.

> I had already sort of noticed it on tex.vim, but today I looked into
> it and tried to implement it on po.vim.
>
> The result is the attached patch for /usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/po.vim

 Please do *not* put such things into the syntax files because they
simply don't belong there. vim does offer the seperation of syntax files
to ftplugins because some want only one of these two, and having them
mixed would get quite some people annoyed.

> I also added 'set spell' to my po.vim (ftplugin) and 'set spl=pt' to my vimrc.

 Hmm, here you speak of ftplugin, I am now (possibly as) confused as
you?

> Please try this out and see if it's worth it to submit a wishlist bug
> to vim-runtime about this.

 As you patch the syntax file and this thing doesn't belong at all into
the syntax file it will definitely be rejected. Having it in a ftplugin
though sounds like a good idea.

 So long,
Rhonda