Re: debconf PO translations for the package gnome-menus

( I don't think this thread should be in -i18n but, rather, in Debian GNOME's
mailing list.)

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 11:56:03PM +0300, Linas ??virblis wrote:
> > #: ../../debian/desktop-files/KidsGames.directory.in.h:1
> > msgid "Games for kids"
> > msgstr ""
> >
> > #: ../../debian/desktop-files/KidsGames.directory.in.h:2
> > msgid "Kids"
> > msgstr ""
>
> Classifying games by audience is very subjective, and therefore highly
> inaccurate. It might make sense to label some games as inappropriate for
> children because of excessive violence, etc., but otherwise this makes
> no sense. 90% of the games we have in Debian are suitable both for
> children and adults.

There are educational games whose target are *exclusively* kids (not adults)
I guess that's why this category is there.

> > #: ../../debian/desktop-files/RolePlayingGames.directory.in.h:1
> > msgid "Role playing"
> > msgstr ""
>
> We have way too few role playing games for them to be separate from
> adventure games. Total number of adventure and RPG games in Debian is
> around 40 vs. hundreds of action games.

IIRC The idea is to get them separate *only* if there are too many installed
and the GNOME menu is cluttered.

Regards

Javier