Console-common D-I and Debconf file updates

HI everyone :)

Today the auto-update DI reminders said the console-common_debian file needed updating. So I updated it.

Then I find an auto-update Debconf reminder for console-common. When I open the file: it appears to be the same file. It certainly has the same new strings. The only differences are in the string IDs (and the changes to msgstrs I submitted today).

Are these the same file? Or do we need to translate console- common_debian separately for D-I and debconf?

Thankyou for any light you can shed on my confusion. :)