Re: Generating PO (and PO-debconf) compendium files

Daniel Nylander wrote:
> Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña skrev:
>
>> I believe that, specially in po-debconf entries, there is a high level of
>> reuse so many of the existing translations can be used as starting points
>> for newer translations.
>
> Do you have any more info regarding the level of reused strings?

They can be detected by the multiple headers.

> It would be great to get my hands on the Swedish compendium to review
> all strings at the same time and make all translations use the same
> jargong. Some of the debconf translations are not the best ones in my
> career :)

Also, you can detect inconsistencies since a translation which is translated differently in more places will be fuzzy in
the compendium and the trasnlation will have all translations in msgstr.

--
Regards,
EddyP