Re: Documenting unavailability of localization-config in Etch's release notes

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 12:31:54PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 26 March 2007 11:27, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > I was wondering if we should document this fact on the Release Notes,
> > as some users might have come to expect some of the thinks
> > localization-config. Based on the sources this is what it did for sarge
> > users:
>
> No, IMO there is no need to document it as such. localization-config was
> basically one big ugly hack (and strictly spoken a policy violoation as
> it modified configuration files of other packages) to work around the
> fact that most packages did not properly take care of this themselves.

Ok. I've documented the changes in
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/i386/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html#s-inst-changes
(should be available soon)

> The only "real" regression I'm aware of is that the papersize is no longer
> set to a4 by default as it should be for most countries in the world.

I've added this (although not marked as a regression).

Regards

Javier