Re: debconf PO translations for the package clamav

Hello,
On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 11:59:59AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > I've just sent a translation update for this po-debconf. I do appreciate all
> > the reviews the english team is making for templates but: could it be
> > possible for the team to unfuzzy translations when the only changes in the
> > english template have been typo fixes?
>
> In short...no..:-). The review process is already pretty complicated
> and changes are hard to follow. I really can't sustain adding one more
> step for "check for changes that don't affect translations and
> manually unfuzzy".

While I in principle would like to see such an trivial unfuzzier, I
would agree with Christian that this should not be implemented,
because the definition of "trivial" is quite hard. Sometimes even
editorial changes might affect translations (e.g. the translator got a
different interpretation before). While I don't like these updates
either, I would also prefer to keep this load (=decision) off the
reviewers (and I don't even know anything about easter languages and
their depencencies on "trivial" corrections in the english original).

Greetings

        Helge