Re: [DDTP] common parts of descriptions

Hello Max,

I cc: debian-i18n

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 05:02:33PM +0200, Max wrote:
> There is a particular case when a translation is complete but not
> marked as translated and thus is not active. When a description shares
> a same part with another one, and this other one has been translated,
> then it is also translated for this description. But it's necessary to
> act manually by getting the description and send back the unchanged
> (already complete) file  to have the translation activated.
> This is an example of what I mean:
> http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=33167 where 'fr' and 'de' are
> complete but not active.
> So I wondered if it was possible to activate them automatically
> without human intervention, by verifying periodically all descriptions
> looking for descriptions which are complete but not active, or by
> verifiying the whole descriptions sharing the same part as soon as one
> of them is translated.

Ok, yes, we have this cases. (the old translated description has 4
parts, one of this is removes: we get a 'unstranslated' description
with 3 translated parts)

And yes, I can write a little program to find this cases and use the
translated parts to translate the whole description.

The reason is:
  The description is use als msgid and the parts are more a
  translation memory.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  - a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
The UNIX Guru's view of Sex:         unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ;