Re: Console-common D-I and Debconf file updates

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):
> HI everyone :)
>
> Today the auto-update DI reminders said the console-common_debian file
> needed updating. So I updated it.
>
> Then I find an auto-update Debconf reminder for console-common. When I open
> the file: it appears to be the same file. It certainly has the same new
> strings. The only differences are in the string IDs (and the changes to
> msgstrs I submitted today).
>
> Are these the same file? Or do we need to translate console-common_debian
> separately for D-I and debconf?

Yes, they are the same file. Indeed when sending the call for
translation updates for console-common after the review process, I
forgot that console-common is still listed in "level 5" for D-I (which
is kinda exxageration now because these debconf screens are not that
important anymore and will become even less important if we switch
sonsole handling to console-setup.