Re: [spellchecker] double dash in msgids
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [spellchecker] double dash in msgids
- From: Jens Seidel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:05:26 +0200
- Message-id: <20070710060525.GA15412@imkf-pc073>
- In-reply-to: <20070709211418.GB2003@pierce>
- References: <20070709211418.GB2003@pierce>
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 11:14:18PM +0200, Davide Viti wrote:
> following #432339 I've added a new check:
> string starting with "-- " or ending wih " --" should be followed
> by a msgstr behaving the same way.
I don't think this is a good idea. First I assumed that "--" can be
replaced by either an en- or em-dash.
Reading bug 432339 I see this is what makes a translation invalid.
The proper solution would be to add special prefix characters outside
of the translation. If it's not allowed to translate it why mark it