Re: Debconf i18n session 2/7: lenny i18n release goals

2007/6/17, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>:
*) "tdebs" and related ideas (see wiki page)
 still moving ideas
 not really ready for being a release goal

I think that, at least, the glibc changes need to be able to update
translations post-release should be pushed for lenny.

This would allows us to provide an empty "language-translation"
package in lenny and have it updated post-release through
proposed-updates if we wanted to. There are some caveats to this
approach as described in
http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/TranslationDataDistribution in the
"Translations in binary packages" option.

If the Tdebs approach is not clear we could introduce this (which is,
after all, what Ubuntu is doing) to see if translations teams would
actually *use* and maintain translation updates for our official
released distribution.

If we see translation teams do not properly maintain those then it
doesn't make sense to going through the tdebs route, is there?

Regards

Javier