[RFC] Internationalization release goals for Lenny

Hi,

We should prepare for the RM a set of I18N release goals for Lenny.

Grisu already sent a mail regarding translation of description to the
debian-release mailing list, but there are probably other goals.

Here are some ideas:
 * DDTP
   + Support for translated description in the package managers.
     (Are there package tools which are missing this support now?)
   + Translation material available on the mirrors
     (IIRC, this is available on most mirrors for sid, but not for lenny)
 * Get rid of non po-debconf templates.
 * New channel for distribution of translated material (tdeb, language
   packs or others)
 * allow support for more languages in DI
   (memory/space issues, support for regional CDs, etc.)

Please send your goals to the mailing list, or if you are attending
Debconf, talk about them during the I18N work sessions.

We can also define some soft goals which would not block the release, but
would be nice to have:
 * promote --previous in gettext.
   It is not visible by users, but it should help translator to update
   translations faster with an higher quality.

Some translation teams may also want to set some soft release goals:
 * every po-debconf strings translated in French ;)

Kind Regards,
--
Nekral