Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package dhcp3 3.0.4-15

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
> On Sunday 27 May 2007 13:35, you wrote:
> > The debian-l10n-english team has reviewed the debconf templates for
> > dhcp3. This process has resulted in changes that may make your
> > existing translation incomplete.
>
> There are IMO still several issues with these strings.

Yep. Apparently these issues escaped the attention of the reviewers
and myself. Sorry for this.

If fixed all of your suggestions.

> In the first two strings, DHCP relay is referred to as "DHCP relay", while
> in later strings it suddenly becomes "dhcp3-relay". This should be made
> consistent, or there should be something that links these two.

Indeed 'dhcp3-relay' is the program name. But using "the DHCP relay"
is more explicit and easier to understand.

> There are several strings that ask to enter information in a
> space-separated list, but all use different formats to do so:
> - You can specify more than one server; server names or IP addresses
>   should then be space-separated.
> - Please enter the names of the network interfaces that dhcp3-relay
>   should attempt to configure, as a space-separated list.
> - Please enter a space-separated list of interfaces names (e.g. eth0)
>   on which the server should answer DHCP requests.
>
> "Please enter a space-separated list of interfaces names (e.g. eth0)  on
>  which the server should answer DHCP requests."
> - double space before "on"

Ah, the awful trailing space.....I need to find a way to spot these.

> - s/interfaces names/interface names/
>   or even better "names of interfaces"
> - suggestion "... on which the server should listen for DHCP requests"

Before I correct the call for translation updates, please ACK the new
templates.

# These templates have been reviewed by the debian-l10n-english
# team
#
# If modifications/additions/rewording are needed, please ask
# for an advice to debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org
#
# Even minor modifications require translation updates and such
# changes should be coordinated with translators and reviewers.

Template: dhcp3-server/config_warn
Type: note
 After the DHCP server is installed, you will need to manually configure it
 by editing the file /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf. Please note that the dhcpd.conf
 supplied is just a sample, and must be adapted to the network environment.
 .
 Please configure the DHCP server as soon as the installation finishes.

Template: dhcp3-server/interfaces
Type: string
 Please enter a space-separated list of interface names (e.g. eth0)
 on which the server should listen for DHCP requests.
 .
 The interfaces will be automatically detected if this field is left
 blank.

# Should probably be dropped
Template: dhcp3-server/new_auth_behavior
Type: note
 The version 3 DHCP server is non-authoritative by default.
 .
 This means that if a client requests an address that the server knows
 nothing about and the address is incorrect for that network segment, the
 server will _not_ send a DHCPNAK (which tells the client it should stop
 using the address). If you want to change this behavior, you must
 explicitly state in dhcpd.conf what network segments your server is
 authoritative for using the 'authoritative' statement.

# Should probably be dropped
Template: dhcp3-server/new_next-server_behaviour
Type: note
 From version 3.0.3, the DHCP server's default value of the
 next-server directive has changed. If you are network booting clients, and
 your TFTP server is your DHCP server, you need to explicitly set a
 next-server directive to state this. Please see
 /usr/share/doc/dhcp3-server/NEWS.Debian.gz and
 /usr/share/doc/dhcp3-common/RELNOTES.gz for more information.
# These templates have been reviewed by the debian-l10n-english
# team
#
# If modifications/additions/rewording are needed, please ask
# for an advice to debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org
#
# Even minor modifications require translation updates and such
# changes should be coordinated with translators and reviewers.

Template: dhcp3-relay/servers
Type: string
 Please enter the hostname or IP address of at least one DHCP server
 to which DHCP and BOOTP requests should be relayed.
 .
 You can specify multiple, space-separated, server names or
 IP addresses.

Template: dhcp3-relay/interfaces
Type: string
 Please enter the space-separated names of the network interfaces
 that the DHCP relay should attempt to configure.
 .
 Leave this field blank to allow for automatic detection and
 configuration of network interfaces by the DHCP relay, in which case
 only broadcast interfaces will be used (if possible).

Template: dhcp3-relay/options
Type: string
 Please specify any additional options for the DHCP relay daemon.
 .
 For example: "-m replace" or "-a -D".
# These templates have been reviewed by the debian-l10n-english
# team
#
# If modifications/additions/rewording are needed, please ask
# for an advice to debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org
#
# Even minor modifications require translation updates and such
# changes should be coordinated with translators and reviewers.

# Should probably be dropped
Template: dhcp3-client/dhclient-script_moved
Type: note
 As of 3.0.4-2, dhclient-script is installed in /sbin and is no longer
 registered as a configuration file. /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script
 appears to have been modified at some point, so it has not been
 removed. However it is no longer being used.
 .
 Please consider using the hook infrastructure (see dhclient-script(8)
 for more information) instead of modifying dhclient-script.

# Should probably be dropped
Template: dhcp3-client/dhclient-needs-restarting
Type: note
 As always, dhclient is not restarted on upgrade, so you are still running the
 previous version of dhclient. You can restart it by doing an ifdown and ifup
 on the interface(s) that are configured to use DHCP, or by explicitly killing
 and restarting dhclient.
 .
 Naturally, you should exercise caution if you are managing a remote server via
 an interface using DHCP.