Re: Status of the belocs-locales-{bin,data} packages

Hello,

15 04 2007 о 04:10 +0200 Nicolas François написав(-ла):
> They are not currently actively maintained, and IIRC, they were useful
> when it was very difficult to introduce new locales in the locales package
> (I don't think it is still the case, am I wrong?), to test new
> locales before submitting them to the Glibc, to have more up to date
> locales.
Those packages not only needed for new locales, but also for old ones
when glibc maintainers do not include fixes for annoying bugs known for
several years, like bugs with dates format and sorting order in
Ukrainian locales.

> Does anybody want to maintain these packages?
> Are there some languages which really need them?
I'm not sure yet if I want to/can maintain those packages. I think I
should recheck status of those bugs first.

Regards,
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov